Where do I start?

I'm a freak - there is no denying it.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Speak in Tongues

Your essence
envelops

I am fluent in
your language
as I
watch
an outsider in another place
I can grasp what it must be

I have no use for ritual -
the deed has already been done

The irony is
That you just don't get it
no matter how much
I writhe

You may have never considered it
(pay it no mind)
yet - you must know
How do you let it go on?
Forget about the sing-song facade
Just see that this is what really matters

my religion is this:
this untimely, unrewarding
circumstance
At another time, in a different place
it would have offered consolation
hope, strength
It could have been the epitome of love

on a whim I fled
led by fright and fear
and I know it was
the wrong way to go

No comments:

Post a Comment